Friday 11 March 2011

What a week!

Never mind days, this has been one of those weeks when I should not have got out of bed!
Over the last week I have definitely moved backwards.
A carriage clock which I thought was repaired and just in need of regulating (by addition of some timing washers) needs a new balance staff, an Atmos clock in which I had fitted a new suspension needs it taking out and another one fitted because it was wrongly manufactured, and my car has broken down, so a trip to London customers on Tuesday, which started at 5 am, and should have ended about 5 pm, finally ended (courtesy of the RAC) at 7.30pm. I did not get to the last of the customers on the list and the one before wasn't at home and had made no attempt to contact me.
A trip to the garage (Monday) to get a new sender for the car alarm resulted in a one-hour wait while they discovered they had the wrong one and that the right one is unavailable. They then said that another garage ~ 10 miles away from them had some second hand ones, but when I got there the boss was out. I arranged to return that afternoon but when I did he told me he needed far more time than the employee had thought and he was not able to do it before closing.
Because of the car breaking down, I did not get to a blood donating session, I did not get to an evening meeting and I am not gong to be able to get to the antiques fair in Woodstock where I should have a stall tomorrow! I was supposed to be having today off with GoodInParts, but that has gone down the pan as well.....
We (my friendly mechanic & I) <i>think</i> we have found the problem - a crank-shaft sensor - but it needs replacing and we won't be able to get the part till Monday and since GoodInParts probably can't get me back here on Sunday evening or Monday morning it looks like I will be suck here for the weekend.

All I can say is Thank God you only get this sort of week very occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment